About this Site/Copyright
This site is owned and maintained by the Electricity Authority.
Comments on the user-friendliness of this website and suggestions for improvements are most welcome and can be emailed to us.
Copyright material on this site is protected by copyright owned by the Electricity Authority or its licensors. Unless indicated otherwise for specific items or collections of content (either below or within specific items or collections), this copyright material is licensed for reuse under the Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) 3.0 New Zealand licence. In essence, you are free to copy, distribute and adapt the material as long as you attribute it to the Electricity Authority or the relevant licensor and abide by the other licence terms. Please note that this licence does not apply to the following ("the Restricted Material"):
- Any emblems, trade marks or trade names on the website (including those of the Authority and others) and the website's design elements.
- Copyright works produced by a party other than the Authority including, without limitation, letters, reports, submissions made to the Authority in response to consultations and responses to information requests under section 46 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010.
- The agreements with market operator service providers and associated schedules and other documents.
Unless otherwise indicated specifically in relation to such material, the Restricted Material may not be reused without the express written permission of the Electricity Authority.
The Electricity Industry Act 2010, the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 and the Electricity Industry (Enforcement) Regulations 2010 are not subject to copyright and may be freely copied, distributed and adapted.
Online job application information collected: We collect personal information contained in job applications that are submitted via this website. We treat your personal information as confidential and we will only use it for the purpose of making a decision about the position for which you are applying. Your personal information is deleted after three months. Except as authorised by the Privacy Act 1993, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party. You have the right to request access to any personal information that we hold about you. For further information on your rights under the Privacy Act 1993, see www.privacy.org.nz
Statistical information collected: We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system (for example, windows 8.1, Mac OS X)
- the type of web browser you used (for example Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser.
Demographic information collected: The Authority uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to provide insight into behaviour information relating to web visitor age, gender, and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our sites.
Use of statistical information: The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by site administrators and certain other Electricity Authority staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
Cookies: This site generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring site usage. The cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of the web browser you are using to view this site without affecting your ability to use the site.
Questions and complaints
For further information, email us or write to:
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 10041
See contact us for how to get in touch.
The information provided on the Electricity Authority’s website is intended to provide general information to the public. All reasonable measures have been taken to ensure that the information it contains is accurate. However, visitors are advised that:
- information on this website is true and accurate to the best of the Electricity Authority's knowledge, but the Electricity Authority does not accept any liability for its accuracy or content
- information on this website does not replace or alter the Electricity Industry Act 2010, any regulations made under that Act, the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 or any other laws of New Zealand
- information on this website is not legal advice
- the Electricity Authority may change information contained on this website without notice
- the Electricity Authority is not responsible for the content and accuracy of any information or displayed documents that have been provided by third parties and does not endorse the views expressed within those documents
- links to any other websites are included only for convenience and should not be taken as the Electricity Authority's endorsement of those websites or their content
- the Electricity Authority does not implicitly endorse any website, organisation or people who have links or refer to the Electricity Authority’s website.
The inclusion of links to third-party sites does not imply any endorsement of the linked website or its content or provider.
Connect with us
Sign up to our newsletter
© 2020 Copyright material on this site is protected by copyright owned by the Electricity Authority or its licensors. Full copyright statement.