Statement of Intent
The Statement of Intent (SOI) is a formal public accountability document that outlines our strategic intentions for a 4-year period. The SOI may be updated at any time but at least every 3 years. The SOI is required under sections 139 and 141 of the Crown Entities Act 2004.
Our Statement of Intent for 2020- 2024
We want New Zealand consumers to benefit from a competitive, reliable and efficient electricity industry. Our Statement of Intent outlines our long-term strategic intentions for a four-year period.
Five key interrelated sector ambitions now focus us to ensure electricity regulation creates a platform for economic recovery, accelerating growth and wider long-term benefit for New Zealand.
- We want consumer centricity to guide regulation and the industry
- We want low-emissions energy to electrify the economy
- We want to build trust and confidence in the industry for all stakeholders
- We want to see thriving competition delivering better outcomes for New Zealanders
- We want to see innovation flourishing
More information about the work we're doing to support these ambitions is available in our 2020–2024 Statement of Intent.